Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lindemans Framboise Lambic




OK, this by far is probably one of my favorite beers ever! This is a beer from Brussels, Belgium where they started brewing beers in 1811. The Lambic, is also known as a spontaneously fermented beer. In this region is known to be among the world’s rarest: they are the only beers fermented via wild, airborne yeast; no yeast is added by the brewers, which every beer has added.
The flavor of the beer is a raspberry, with a crisp finish to it. You can drink it by itself and enjoy it alone or you can also pair it with:
Chocolate desserts, Fresh raspberries, Or even Baked Alaska , I would serve it in flute-shaped glass( like in the picture) at 45 degree angle for less foam. For a 12oz bottle it typically runs about $6 or so. Give it a try, and let me know how you like it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree... I don't like beer and this DOES NOT taste like beer... Therefore, I like it! :)

    It is scrum-diddaly-umcious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tasted a beer yet that didn't have that beer aftertaste. Yuck. But, I've never tried anything expensive either.

    I prefer wine. The X rated Vodka looks good also though.

    Interesting wine tidbits you posted.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete